Cops arrest two for plotting shootout at separate schools
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The day Adam Lanza killed 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary school, police prevented what would have been a second mass-shooting as they arrested an Oklahoma teenager plotting to kill his classmates.
Sammie Eaglebear Chavez, 18, told friends at Bartlesville High School that he wanted to lure their schoolmates and teachers to the gym and then open fire, according to officials.
"He also told them that if the students assisting him did not do what they were supposed to do, he would not hesitate to kill them and/or himself," the police affidavit stated.
He also claimed to have explosives he planned to detonate once police arrived, the New York Daily News reported. A classmate overheard Chavez scheming on Thursday and police arrested him early Friday before he could carry out his plan.
A judge in Bartlesville, ordered that Chavez be held on $1 million bail.
Meanwhile, authorities said a 60-year-old man was arrested Friday after he threatened to kill people at an elementary school near his home in Cedar Lake, Indiana. The Cedar Lake Police arrested Von I Meyer after he allegedly threatened to set his wife on fire.
According to police statement, Meyer also said he would enter Jane Ball Elementary School and "kill as many people as he could." Authorities found 47 guns and ammunition in his home.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow