Cops fails to file charge sheet against students in rape case
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Delhi police today failed to file the charge sheet in a court here in a gangarape of a minor girl in which six law students of Jamia Millia Islamia University have been arrested last month.
Court sources said the police had conveyed that they would file the charge sheet on January 17 but they did not come to do it today.
The police still has over one month of time to submit the charge sheet as the accused were arrested in December 2012 and the charge sheet can be filed within 90 days.
The six law students, alleged to have gangraped the minor girl for over two months in the captivity of one of the co-accused, were produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao, who sent them to Tihar Jail till January 30. "..., the accused is remanded to 14 days of judicial custody. Accused be produced on January 30," the court said.
Initially on December 4, 2012, the police had arrested five boys, Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopansu and Vikas Punia, all pursuing law from Jamia, after a complaint was lodged at the Defence Colony police station in South Delhi on September 15 by the alleged victim's mother.
Later, it had arrested Prateek Singh Choudhary, the sixth law student of the University, who was even identified by the victim, studying in class XI, during the Test Identification Parade (TIP), which he had agreed to undergo.
The girl's mother had told the police that her daughter, had not returned home after attending her school on September 15, 2012.
Initially, a case of kidnapping was registered by the police but following the girl's recovery after two months, she deposed that on the fateful night she had accompanied her friend Amit Gautam to his flat where she was held captive and gangraped.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow