Cops may drop murder charge in Bidushi Dash Barde case
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The police may drop the murder charge in the 23-year-old small-time actress and former beauty contest winner Bidushi Dash Barde case, with the probe indicating that it was a case of accidental death.
Bidushi, who hailed from Odisha but was brought up in Chennai, was found dead in her apartment in Manish Garden building in suburban Andheri on October 22 night. Her husband Kedar found the body, which had injury marks caused by a sharp objects, on her neck and chin, the police said.
Initially, police had suspected that she collapsed due to diabetes-related complications and suffered fatal injuries after falling on a glass showcase. Subsequently an accidental death case was registered at D N Nagar police station.
However, forensic experts later indicated that it was a case of killing, after which a murder case was registered.
The D N Nagar police grilled her husband and others for days, but failed to solve the case for nearly ten days, after which it was handed over to the city police's crime branch.
"The probe so far indicates that it was a clear case of accidental death. However, we will make an official comment on the case only after completing investigations. We strongly believe it was an accident," a crime branch official said.
"Usually, a killer attacks the victim on vital organs to ensure their death. If she was killed, there would have been murderous attacks on vital organs," he said.
Moreover, injuries she suffered were only on the right side of her neck and chin. "She had a history of falling on the floor due high diabetes very often, suggesting that she fell on a glass showcase, injuring herself fatally," he said.
Bidushi faced lot of problems, including professional frustration and a financial crunch. She had undergone eyelids surgery and hair transplant. She had also been undergoing psychiatric treatment, the police said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held