Cops nab 3, bust gang involved in 7 murders
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Ludhiana police have been successful in busting a gang which has confessed to have committed to some seven murders. The accused, according to the cops, committed murders for small amounts of money and had even accepted Rs 10,000 to kill one Ravi, a resident of Basti Jodhewal. Those arrested have been identified as Ishwar, Mohammad Nair and his brother Mohammad Azhar. Their third brother Mohammad Mazhar who too is wanted in the case is absconding. All the accused belong to Bihar and used work in a hosiery here in the city.
ADCP Sushirk Kumar along with ACP Naveen Singla informed, "A year or so back Ishwar, who worked with the other accused, had confided in them that he loved a girl called and Sapna and had even proposed marriage to her. He knew that Sapna was having an affair with another boy called Ravi and that she would not marry him till Ravi was killed. The other accused agreed to kill Ravi in lieu of Rs 10,000."
Ravi, as per the police,e was called to Ishwar's home and served a cold drink laced with some poisonous substance. His body was them dumped outside his home.
"The killers threatened Ravi's mother of dire consequences in case she approached the police. They threatened to kill her younger son; so she kept quiet all this time. Ravi was cremated without any post mortem. However Ravi's mother soon realised that her son's killers were not going to spare her or her family and so she approached us. We investigated the matter and the accused were arrested by Station House Officer (SHO) Gurbachan Singh."
The police claim that the accused have also confessed to the murder of a woman, Kiran Dev, who was a resident of Basti Jodhewal. She was killed for loot. Similarly, the accused had killed one of their own friends who was a resident of Jamalpur. The accused had even murdered a peanut seller Mohammad Ajmal.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow