Cops nab suspect who planted Malegaon bomb
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
In a breakthrough into the 2008 Malegaon blasts, the National Investigation Agency is said to have arrested one of those who planted a bomb, Dhan Singh (29), on Monday. The blasts on September 29, 2008, killed seven persons and injured 80. Singh was arrested near Uttar Pradesh-Madhya Pradesh border at Satna where he was reportedly hiding for the past several months in an ashram as a "swamiji". Singh will be taken to Mumbai on Tuesday where he will be produced before a magistrate.
According to the NIA, Singh, along with Ramji Kalsangare, was instrumental in planting the explosive laden vehicle near Malegaon chowk. The LML Freedom motorcycle, used by the group, belonged to Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur. It was based on this discovery that Mumbai ATS arrested Sadhvi in October 2008 after which a serving Army officer, Srikant Prasad Purohit, was arrested. Swami Aseemanand, another accused, was arrested in 2010.
Officials said that Singh was nabbed on the information provided by another accused, Rajendra Chaudhary, who was arrested on Saturday.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held