Two popular Marathi actors, child killed in road accident
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Two eminent Marathi film and television actors and a child were killed when their car met with an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, police said today.
Anand Abhyankar (50) and Akshay Pendse (33) were on their way to Mumbai last night, when their car collided with a Pune-bound tempo which lost control and crashed into the lane divider, Wadgaon Maval police sub-inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi said.
Both the actors and Akshay Pendse's two-year-old son Pratyush were killed while his wife suffered injuries in the accident.
Pendse's wife was admitted to Lokmanya hospital in Nigdi.
"The tempo driver has been arrested and a case has been registered under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 279 of IPC against him," Suryavanshi added.
The duo were a part of many popular television serials including 'Mala Sasoo Havi'.
Abhyankar had starred in several Marathi films like 'Spandan', 'Vastav', 'Pappa Sanga Kunache', 'Matichya Chuli', 'Balgandharva' and also performed in play 'Kurtyat Sada Tingalam'.
He had also acted in more than 15 Hindi TV serials including 'Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai', 'Pappu Can't Dance Saala' and 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'.
Pendse acted in television serials and a few movies including 'Kai Dyayche Bola'.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’