Couples line up to tie the knot on 12-12-12!
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A record number of couples are expected to tie the knot on a date they could never forget - 12/12/12.
Over 120 Australian couples have signed up to get married on Wednesday at the state's births, deaths and marriages registries in Sydney, Parramatta, Wollongong and Newcastle.
The Attorney-General, Greg Smith, said Wednesday would also usher in the last chance to get married on a date with the same number for the day, month and year for nearly 90 years.
''For many couples, a special date like this has an irresistible appeal, with the extra advantage that it is an easy anniversary date to remember,'' the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Smith as saying.
To meet the demand, the registry is running a marathon session, with the first marriage taking place at 8am and the last set to finish at 9pm.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’