- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Former corporator in judicial custody
Judicial Magistrate First Class S S Patil recently remanded former Congress corporator Sanjay Nande in judicial custody. He was arrested in connection with the death of 13 people in a building collapse at Taljai Pathar. Police had asked for a two-day custody. Police claim Nande instructed labourers to add concrete to weak pillars to increase its thickness and construct the third and fourth floors despite knowing that the structure was unable to bear the load.
Man gets 2-year RI for injuring traffic constable
Judicial Magistrate First Class A R Mohane recently sentenced Tushar Pandharinath Dhamale, 19, to two years' RI for injuring an on duty traffic constable with his bike in 2010. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 3,600 on the convict. Police naik Manoj Shridhar Shinde had lodged a complaint against him.
AFK employees get bail
CBI special judge D R Mahajan, granted bail to two employees of Ammunition Factory Khadki (AFK) Ashok Kamble, junior works manager and Vikas Pardeshi, darban of security office, who were arrested by CBI for taking a bribe of Rs 4,000 from a vendor. The duo were released against a personal bond of Rs 15,000 with one or two sureties of the like amount and were directed to cooperate with the CBI whenever they are called for questioning.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM