Court gives Sachan’s wife copy of CBI closure report
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Malti Sachan, wife of Deputy CMO YS Sachan, today moved an application through her counsel in Lucknow CBI court seeking copy of the agency's closure report in the case of death of her husband whose body was found hanging in a toilet of the Lucknow District Jail on June 22, last year.
On their request, the court provided a copy of the closure report and permitted them to go through records submitted by the agency and take certified copies of any specific document. The next date of hearing has been fixed for November 2.
Malti's lawyer Vinod Kumar Shahi said they informed the court that investigation by the CBI was conducted in a biased manner and was politically motivated. He also informed the court that the agency has ignored relevant facts during investigation.
"We are unaware on which points the agency investigated the case and on what basis they found the case fit to be closed. Hence we requested the court for a copy of the closure report. After going through documents, we would see which points should be raised in our protest application," he said.
Malti said she had decided to file a protest application because they were not satisfied with the CBI investigation.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations