Court rejects bail plea of PGI scam accused
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A special CBI Court Monday rejected the bail plea of the 8 dummy candidates accused in connection with the PGI's MD/MS examination scam.
The CBI replied that the investigation is in the initial stages and the release of these dummy candidates may hamper the course of investigation.
The bail plea of the accused was also rejected earlier by the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate. The accused then moved a bail application to the CBI Special Court. The accused pleaded that it has been 60 days since the arrested of the accused and the chargesheet in the case has not yet been submitted.
However, the court rejected the appeal and the bail plea was rejected.
The accused were arrested from four centers where the examination was being conducted. The accused were leaking the question paper of the examination to "help" the real beneficiaries.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow