Court reserves order on Zakia’s ‘protest plea’ issue
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
A Metropolitan court on Thursday reserved its order on the issue of filing protest application against the closure report filed by the Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) in connection with Zakia Jafri's complaint alleging Chief Minister Narendra Modi and other in the post-Godhra riots in 2002.
Earlier in the court Zakia's lawyer S M Vora produced documents related to the latest petition filed before the Supreme Court seeking clarification whether her complaint covers Gulberg Society massacre or the statewide riots as a part of larger conspiracy. Besides, she has also sought clarification on three orders of the metropolitan court for being ambiguous.
"We pleaded the court that we can't file protest application unless the SC decides on the petition that we have filed. We have also requested not to run this matter before a decision comes," said Vora.
On the other hand, SIT reiterated its stand that the complainant should file protest application as soon as possible. They said there should not be any delay in the case as the SC has given clear direction to run the case on day-to-day basis.
Metropolitan court Magistrate B J Ganatra after hearing the arguments reserved the order till October 30.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'