Court to hear arguments 'in-camera' in Delhi gangrape case
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Trial proceedings in the December 16 Delhi gangrape case will be held in-camera before a fast track court, which on Monday decided to hear arguments on framing of charges against five accused on January 24.
Upholding the previous order of a magistrate, the special fast track court judge said, "Only those who are connected with the case will stay in the courtroom. Others should vacate the court immediately."
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna also decided to hear "in-camera" the arguments on framing of charges against the five accused on January 24 as the judicial records were sent by the magisterial court after concluding the procedural formalities.
Invoking a legal provision that bars open court hearing, the special judge said, "As per section 327 (2) of the CrPC, the proceedings will be held in-camera and section 327 (3) prohibits anyone from publishing and printing the proceedings.
"I am upholding the same order passed by the Metropolitan Magistrate (MM)."
Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir had inaugurated the fast track court at Saket district courts complex earlier this month following a decision of the Delhi government in this regard.
Earlier, the MM had allowed an application of Delhi police seeking in-camera proceedings following the chaos in the courtroom when the accused were being brought.
The accused have been charged under the IPC for offences of murder, gangrape and destruction of evidence.
The 23-year-old paramedical student was brutally assaulted and gangraped in a moving bus allegedly by six persons, including a juvenile, on the night of December 16 before being dumped in a south Delhi locality here. Her male friend was also assaulted.
The victim later died at a Singapore hospital.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held