Seven-year-old raped in Goa school, headmistress detained
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A seven-year-old girl was raped at her school in the port town of Vasco, resulting in huge protests here last night. Police have detained the headmistress of the school on
charges of negligence.
The second grade student was sexually abused in the school toilet next to the office of the headmistress during recess yesterday, by an unidentified person, police said today. The incident came to light after the minor complained of pain and was referred for medical examination. Several parents and locals protested outside the school
last night questioning the negligence on the part of the school management. As the situation turned tense, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar visited the spot late last night
assuring stern action against the accused. We will not spare the accused and anyone involved in this crime," Parrikar said, following which police detained the headmistress. Police said the culprit is yet to be arrested. A sketch has been prepared based on the description provided by the victim, they said.
Incidentally, the school has been one of the well guarded institute with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel posted at the gate.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow