Cristiano Ronaldo ‘upset’ for professional reasons at Real Madrid
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Ace striker Cristiano Ronaldo has said he was upset with "people in the club" after scoring two goals to lead Real Madrid to a 3-0 win over Granada.
He chose not to celebrate his goals, remaining glum as his teammates and fans at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium erupted around him.
Ronaldo went off with a leg injury in the second half and did not celebrate either goal.
And when asked why, he said: "I am sad and the club knows it, that's why I didn't celebrate the goals."
Ronaldo added that he was upset for professional reasons, but refused to elaborate further, the Sun reports.
Ronaldo's outburst compounds the ongoing problem of what to do with club president Florentino Perez's other star signing, Brazil midfielder Kaka, who sought a transfer this off-season after being reduced to a bench player at best, the paper said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet