Crowd management keeps BSP leaders busy
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Gathering crowds for rallies was never a problem for the BSP. But organising tomorrow's rally proved tougher than earlier ones because the party is no more in power and therefore expected limited support from the administration.
The party leadership had tasked general secretary Naseemuddin Siddiqui with making arrangements for the rally with the help of general secretary Swami Prasad Maurya and state president Ram Achal Rajbhar.
Once the trains had been booked and local leaders informed, the most important task was arranging for accommodation and food for the people coming for the rally, said a leader. For five days, rain water was pumped out of Smriti Upvan, which was converted into a lodge.
For tents and catering, a few contractors have been asked to collaborate among themselves to make the necessary arrangements at Smriti Upvan, Ramabai Ambedkar maidan, BSP state headquarters and APS academy.
While Siddiqui has been heading a team of more than 100 party leaders to make arrangements in Lucknow, the job of getting people from districts and other states was left to party coordinators and state in-charges.
BSP state president Ram Achal Rajbhar said there was no fixed target for bringing people. "The local leaders have been asked to bring as many people as they can," he said.
Besides BSP leaders, the administration, police and railway officials have also been working hard, holding meetings to plan traffic routes and security. UP Police's wireless department has installed CCTV cameras at Ramabai Ambedkar maidan and set up a control room to monitor the rally. Additional SP (East) Rajesh Kumar said the last rally special train will arrive at 7 am at Charbagh railway station on Tuesday. All the people arriving in trains will reach Smriti Upvan before leaving for the rally ground.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow