Crude bomb explodes at Kanpur rly station
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Panic gripped the Kanpur central railway station after a crude bomb exploded at a platform and a live one was found in a garbage dump on Tuesday.
A Lucknow-bound train had left the platform about half-an-hour before the explosion took place. However, the explosion caused no harm.
Government Railway Police Inspector General Ashutosh Pandey said the live bomb found on the platform had very low intensity. The bomb disposal squad (BDS) and special police team later searched all platforms and other parts of the station.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM