Cyrus Mistry rings in management changes at Tata Sons after Ratan Tata retirerement
Tata Sons, promoter firm of the companies in the Tata conglomerate, today said it has appointed Mukund Rajan -- ex-Managing Director of Tata Teleservices (Maharashtra) Ltd, as the Group Spokesperson and Brand Custodian.
He will have the responsibility to oversee and manage all corporate communications and brand related activities for the group in India and abroad, Tata Sons said in a statement.
Rajan's is the first major appointment after Cyrus Mistry took over as the Chairman of the group after Ratan Tata retired on December 28, 2012.
"Additionally, he (Rajan) will serve as the Chief Ethics Officer of the group and also oversee all Tata group Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities as Chairman of the Tata Council for Community Initiatives (TCCI)," the statement said.
His appointment is with immediate effect and in his new role, he will report directly to Mistry, it added.
Rajan, 44, has been with the Tata group for over 18 years, after starting his career as a Tata Administrative Service (TAS) Officer.
Prior to the latest appointment, Rajan was Head of Private Equity Advisory at Tata Capital Ltd and Managing Partner of the advisory team of the Tata Opportunities Fund.
He had also been assigned to the office of the then Chairman of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata, in 1996, where he served for twelve years, including as Vice-President - Chairman's Office at Tata Sons.
An IIT Delhi graduate, he also holds Masters and Doctorate in International Relations from Oxford University.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow