Dalit leaders seek quota in private sector
Dalit leaders gathered in the city from across the country for a national conference unanimously demanded Wednesday reservation for the community in the private sector.
The conference also issued a 12-point programme for holisitic development of Dalits in which it demanded government as well as private enterprises reserve 25 per cent of all tenders floated for the community.
"The state is keen on privatisation. This means jobs in government sector are going down. To empower Dalits, it is imperative that state bring reservations in private sector as well," national chairman of Confederation of SC-ST Employees Udit Raj said.
He said if SCs and STs voted together, Dalits may be able to decide next PM. BJP ex-MP Ram Nath Kovind claimed NDA, when in power, was keen to bring reservations in private sector but proposal was put in cold storage after UPA came to power.
Reservation in private sector
Training and empowerment to accommodate SCs in private sector
Reservation in judiciary and cabinet
Effective PDS system
Proportional share for SCs in budgetary allocation
Free and high quality education for Dalits
25 per cent reservation in all government and private sector contracts
25 per cent reservation in plots given by industrial development corporations
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow