Dalit stabbed to death in Ramanathapuram
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Tension prevailed at Ponniapuram village in Ramanathapuram district after a dalit was stabbed to death by some unidentified persons late last night, police said today.
The body of the 38-year-old man was found among some bushes this morning, police said.
The district earlier this month had witnessed violence after three persons belonging to the Thevar community were murdered near Paramakudi on October 30 during the 105th birth anniversary celebrations of freedom fighter and Thevar community icon Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar.
Police did not rule out the murder to be a case of retaliation by the Thevar community people,to avenge the three murders,sources said.
Police said armed police personnel had been dispatched to monitor the situation close in and around Paramakudi.
Two Head constables have been placed under suspension for remaining mute spectators to the murder of two persons, belonging to the Thevar community on October 30,when they were on way to perform 'Gurupooja' at the memorial of Muthuramalinga Thevar, police said.
Three persons, including a van driver, were hacked to death at Pambuvizhundan on Oct30.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet