Dalit youth ‘in love’ with upper-caste girl found dead
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Ballia: A teenage Dalit youth was found dead on Friday, with police suspecting he might have been murdered over love affair with an upper-caste girl. The 17-year-old youth had gone out in the morning after being called by someone and later, his body was recovered from a ditch in Rampur village, DSP Brijesh Kumar Singh said, adding it is suspected he was strangulated to death. The youth was in a relationship with a Brahmin girl from the neighbouring Maniyar Piyaripur village for the past four years and the latter's family was against it, Singh said. An FIR has been lodged against four persons and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem, Singh said.
Two minors raped
Maharajganj: Two minor girls were allegedly raped by three youth in Parsamalik area here in the district. The girls, aged 13 and 14 years, of Dughara village had gone to attend nature's call when the trio allegedly raped them on Thursday, said police. Later, two of the accused, identified as Safiullah and Sukkho, were arrested. Police said they are looking for the third accused, identified as Santosh.
Buddhist school seeks aid
Kushinagar: The lone Buddhist school in Kushinagar, where Buddha breathed his last, has appealed to the Dalai Lama, the Centre and the state government for financial help. "Linh Son Buddhist D P HS School helps 40 per cent of its 624 students," said principal Rajesh Singh.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow