Damini Brigade to take on stalkers, eveteasers in Pimpri-Chinchwad
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Ubale said they had already received response from girls who are facing trouble. "In two days, we have received at least 20 calls. Also, several people including men have complimented us and extend their support," she said. Appealing to women and girls to come forward and lodge complaints without any fear, Ubale said time had come for womenfolk to put their foot down. The Damini Brigade has also vowed to "teach all rapists a lesson". "We hope to catch the rapists before the police do and teach them a lesson," she said.
Welcoming the move, Anita Landge of Damini Bachat Gat, Kasarwadi, "This was a much required move in Pimpri-Chinchwad. The Damini Brigade should concentrate on areas outside civic and private schools where 'Road Romeos' are making life miserable for the girls. Also, outside several colleges, girls are the receiving end of these trouble-makers."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’