Daniel Craig admits being 'nasty' to Kristen Stewart
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
'Skyfall' star Daniel Craig has admitted he was being 'nasty' to Kristen Stewart after saying she wouldn't make a good Bond girl, claiming he made the comment only because their new films are in competition at the box office.
The 44-year-old actor, who has thrice played the role of James Bond since 2006, dismissed Stewart's ambitions to star in the franchise but admitted he was only being 'nasty' because their new films 'Skyfall' and 'Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' are in the box office race, a media report said.
Asked whether the 'Twilight' star would be the right fit for a Bond movie, Craig said, "Would she make a good 'Bond' girl? No, she's in 'Twilight'".
But he soon added, "No, I'm being nasty. It's only because the film ('Skyfall') is coming out at the same time (as 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2'), we're in direct competition. I'm sure she'd make a great Bond girl."
The final installment of the vampire franchise has already swept the box office, pushing 'Skyfall' to No. 2 position in the overseas market.
Stewart previously admitted she is interested in reading a Bond script.
"I would love to read a few graphs of the script. I choose my roles really instinctually. I would really have to connect with the material," the actress said.
"As long as I get to have a gun. Yes, hell yeah!" she added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow