Dara Singh ‘encounter’ suspect found shot dead
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Vijay Singh Chaudhary, a suspect in the alleged fake encounter of liquor smuggler Dara Singh, was found shot dead Thursday outside Ratangarh in Churu district.
Chaudhary, a liquor contractor from Fatehpur, is said to have handed over Dara Singh to the special operations group in Jaipur after which Singh was killed in an alleged fake encounter in October 2006.
Chaudhary was missing after the encounter and the CBI had announced a Rs 5 lakh reward for information about him. Police said he had been shot in his temple and suspect the killing took place on Wednesday night. Chaudhary was named in several other criminal cases including the 1993 spurious liquor case in which 23 people died.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'