Dara Singh fake encounter case: Additional SP suspended
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Rajasthan government has suspended Additional SP Arshad Ali, charge sheeted by CBI for his alleged involvement in the Dara Singh fake encounter case.
His suspension order were issued on Tuesday, according to sources.
Another senior IPS officer Ajay Kumar Jain who was suspended by the government is absconding.
CBI had summoned both the officers last month for interrogation, however, they failed to appear before it and their whereabouts are unknown. A local court has also issued warrant against them.
Five policemen --including an IPS officer A Ponnuchamy-- and a retired sub-inspector have been arrested so far in connection with the encounter case which is being investigated by the CBI.
The agency filed a charge sheet in a local court naming former BJP minister and sitting MLA Rajendra Rathore but stopped short of making him an accused.
Dara Singh was killed by the Special Operations Group (SOG) in an alleged fake encounter on October 23, 2006 in Rangendra Prasad Nagar area on the outskirts of Jaipur.
His family members had accused a senior state BJP leader claiming that Singh was targeted because of personal enmity.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet