Dates of IYC elections announced
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Indian Youth Congress (IYC), the youth wing of the Congress party on Monday announced the election schedule for the central zone of Uttar Pradesh. In the first stage, elections will be held at the booth level, for which nominations are to be filed on February 22 from 9 am to 5 pm. On February 23, the nominations will be scrutinised and election symbols will be allotted, which is to be followed by voting on February 25, 26 and 27. The voting will take place between 8am and 3pm. The votes will be counted on the same day as the voting and results will be uploaded on the IYC website.
Although the schedule for the second stage - elections for 131 Vidhan Sabhas, 26 Lok Sabhas and the state unit (central UP) - has not been announced, state Returning Officer Kunal Banerjee said that nominations for the same will be invited in the first week of March and 5-6 days will be allotted for campaigning. "We expect to finish the election process by March 20," he said. As three Lok Sabha president seats are reserved for SC/STs, a lucky draw to decide the same will also be held on February 20, he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow