Daughter of retd scientist ‘molested’
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
'Police initially refused to file an FIR'
A retired scientist and his daughter have filed a complaint with Baruipur police alleging assault and molestation by the owner of a house for the purchase of which they had entered into an agreement. Aparesh Bhattacharjee and his 30-year-old daughter have also alleged that the police refused to lodge their complaint on Sunday and did so only after the intervention of the Superintendent of Police, South-24 Parganas, today.
The FIR names house owner Gautam Pal and another person, along with 30 members of a local club, Bhai Bhai Sangha, said the SP, South-24 Parganas, Praveen Tripathi.
According to Tripathi, the incident took place on Sunday at 2 pm when the club members entered the house of Bhattacharjee at Anandanagar, Baruipur. They allegedly assaulted Bhattacharjee, molested and stripped his daughter, and drove them out of the house.
On Monday morning, the two went to the Kalighat residence of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, but returned as those present at the Chief Minister's Office reportedly did not cooperate.
According to the police, Bhattacharjee was residing at Baruipur in a house owned by Gautam Pal.
In February this, Bhattacharjee had approached Pal to purchase the house and paid Rs 2 lakh as advance. In March, Bhattacharjee reportedly informed Pal that he will not buy the house as the paper concerning the property had problems, said the police. Pal also told him that he will not sell the house and began mounting pressure on the retired scientist to vacate the house.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow