David Hussey brands Shane Warne’s shirt-grabbing performance 'inspirational'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Australia batsman David Hussey has claimed his Melbourne Stars captain Shane Warne's shirt-grabbing performance during their derby match against Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League was inspirational. Warne was handed a one-match suspension and was also fined following his ugly clash with Renegades' all rounder Marlon Samuels last Sunday, but Hussey said the legendary leg-spinner just demonstrated his passion towards the game.
Hussey said Warne is a tactical genius and his true colours will be on show in next week's semi-finals, a media report said. Hussey said Warne did overstep the line during the Melbourne derby, but added it just shows his will to achieve success for his team.
The all rounder added that Warne knew what was required to rally his troops and he was moved by the captain's aggressive display towards Samuels. Hussey also praised Warne's leadership skills, adding that the Oz legend knows how to motivate his players.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held