Dawood aide held in Lucknow
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The UP Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) on Friday arrested Jahangir, an alleged member of fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim's gang who was wanted since 2010 in a case of procuring a passport from Lucknow regional passport office on fake identity and forged documents, from Charbagh area in Lucknow.
The case was registered with UP ATS and three accused, including Jahangir's brother, a lawyer and an agent, are already lodged in jail in the same case, said an ATS official.
The official said that Jahangir, who is facing charges of seven murders in Mumbai, was on the run for the last few years. The Mumbai police have been informed about his arrest, he added.
He also said that the ATS had registered the case against Jahangir and others when they were conducting an inquiry into passports issued from the the Lucknow office on forged documents in 2010. During inquiry, the officials came across details of three passports issued between 2001 and 2004 on forged documents in the names of Haseen Siddiqui, Nasir and Samir Khan, bearing the same address of Nakwa village of Balrampur district.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow