Dawoodi Bohras pour into Surat for big meet
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Thousands of Dawoodi Bohras from across the country and abroad started arriving in Surat to take part in the Majlis, to be carried out by Muffadal Bhaisaheb, successor and son of Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, religious leader of the community.
Many political leaders from BJP and Congress will also meet Dr Syedna Saheb during his stay in Surat. There are speculations that Chief Minister Narendra Modi can turn up in Surat in coming days to seek his blessings.
Dr Syedna will arrive in Surat in a private air craft from Mumbai on Wednesday and will land at Surat cotton mill compound in Begampura area. A convoy will lead him to Zampabazaar where the holy preacher will give blessings to thousands of people.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held