Day 2 brings no relief, services hit yet again
All the unions held protests at different locations. Later, in the afternoon they converged on Sector 17 and under the aegis of the Employees' Forum, a rally was taken out. A large number of union members went from one end of the sector to the other, raising slogans. They criticised the "anti-worker policies" of the government. Their major demands included reining in inflation, taking concrete measures for employment generation, strict enforcement of labour laws, putting a stop to disinvestment, and creating a universal social security cover.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow