Day after man prevents ‘molestation’ attempt, ‘victim’ says he intervened in her private affair
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A day after three persons were arrested for allegedly assaulting a shopkeeper in Hisar when he tried to stop them from reportedly molesting a young woman, the "victim" on Tuesday appeared before a court claiming that the shopkeeper had intervened in her private affair.
The incident took place when the police produced the accused — Yogeshwar, Hardeep and Manjit — in court on Tuesday. The woman told the court that Yogeshwar was her fiance and they were having a argument when the shopkeeper, Abhinav Aggarwal, intervened and assaulted Yogeshwar. While claiming that despite her intervention, Aggarwal created an issue out of nothing, the woman demanded that action should be taken against the shopkeeper for assaulting Yogeshwar.
The case came to light as the media flashed CCTV footage that showed a group of youths thrashing Aggarwal. While speaking to the media, Aggarwal had alleged that he was beaten up when he tried to save a "molestation victim".
While addressing mediapersons on Tuesday, Hisar SP Satheesh Balan said the case has taken a new twist as the the alleged victim had exonerated all the accused. "The police have also examined the CCTV footage, which narrates a different story from what was being projected till date," he said.
"The victim today told the police that she had an argument with Yogeshwar. Both are about to get married in a few weeks and their families know each other. They had an argument near D N University and in the process, Yogeshwar snatched her phone. This scene was witnessed by Aggarwal, who mistook it as a molestation attempt and intervened," ASI Harish Bhardwaj said.
He added: "He assaulted Yogeshwar and despite the victim asking him to leave, he did not stop. Yogeshwar called his friends and all three then assaulted Abhinav and even smashed the windowpanes of his house. Abhinav called the police and we registered a case on his complaint. When the three accused were arrested, the actual story emerged. Now, since the girl has also deposed before the court, we will take legal action against the shopkeeper."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held