Dead techie’s wife, in-laws arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Police on Saturday arrested the wife and in-laws of techie Sumanta Sen, who had committed suicide by hanging himself in the first week of this month, on charges of abetment to suicide.
Namita Sen Jaiswal was arrested along with her father Lalchand Jaiswal and mother Lalti Devi Jaiswal, from their Salt Lake residence.
Sumanta, working at a multi-national IT company in Pune, had married Namita about two years ago.
For the last six months, the couple had been fighting regularly because allegedly, Namita, a college lecturer, had an extramarital affair.
In Kolkata, Sumanta used to live with his in-laws. "His father, Kajol Sen, a resident of Garia, had earlier said that his son had committed suicide following domestic fights. But day before yesterday, he put in a complaint of abetment to suicide against the trio and they were arrested today since they were not at home yesterday," said an official of Bidhannagar (south) police station.
The trio was produced at the court on Saturday and all three have been sent to jail custody.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held