Decision on draft plan postponed
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
PMC corporators rue non-availability of the draft in Marathi
The decision on the draft Development Plan (DP) was postponed after corporators created ruckus at the Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) special general body meeting over the non-availability of the draft in Marathi. The matter will now come up for discussion on January 7.
The tabling of the draft proposal in the previous general body meeting on urgency basis had created controversy. The ruling alliance's efforts to get the proposal approved failed as it could not muster two-third majority and it was decided to take up the proposal for discussion in a special general body meeting.
A presentation on the draft DP was also arranged for the corporators to enable them to understand the details of the plan. However, the MNS and BJP demanded the draft in Marathi. Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak has assured that the copies of the draft DP in Marathi will be provided to them within a week.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'