Defending champs knocked out
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Defending champions Rizvi and runners-up from last season, Dilip Vengsarkar Foundation, bowed out of the 17th Worli Sports Club U-14 selection trial cricket tournament.
Rizvi were knocked out by PJ Hindu Gymkhana despite a creditable all-round performance from Hasnain Khan, who scored 36 and then returned figures of 3/81. With Hasnain top-scoring, Rizvi could notch up a meager total of 154 in their first innings.
Hindu Gymkhana always looked in control with regards to gaining the lead and Abhishek Shetty's 95 along with Ashok Yadav's 51 took them home comfortably, as they eventually finished with 245 on the board. Akash Chavla's unbeaten 141 and Tanush Kotian's figures of 6/75 derailed Vengsarkar Foundation's hopes of making it through to the final for the second year running, as they were beaten by a handsome margin. While Chavla stole the show, there were also impressive contributions from Sarvesh Surve, who made 75 and Kotian's unbeaten 47 as New Hind piled on a score of 292/2. In reply, all Vengsarkar Foundation could manage was 181 despite Hashir Dafedar's valiant 61.
Rizvi S C 154 (Hasnain Khan 36, Naveen Singh 30) lost on first innings lead to PJ Hindu Gymkhana 245 (Ashok Yadav 51, Abhishek Shetty 95, Bharat Yadav 35; Hasnain Khan 3/81); MIG C C 171 (Nishant Mane 34, Agni Chopra 44, Arjun Tendulkar 36; Abhishek Pande 5/49) and 137/2 (Agni Chopra 100 n.o.) lost on first innings lead to Bohra C C 213 (Shoeb Khan 75, Shivam Mehrotra 44, Dhruv Vedak 7/84); Mumbai Police Gymkhana 414/8 (Shaun Almeda 94, Mehtab Ansari 149 n.o., Mayank Singh 49, Faisal Mohammad 32; Abu Kazi 3/96) bt Worli S C 174 (Faosal Mohammad 3/27) on first innings lead; New Hind 292/2 (Akash Chavla 141 n.o., Sarvesh Surve 75, Tanush Kotian 47 n.o..) bt Dilip Vengsarkar Foundation 181 (Hashir Dafedar 61; Tanush Kotian 6/75, Aditya Doiphode 3/35).
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet