Delayed release of 'Vishwaroopam' caused Rs 60 cr loss: Kamal Haasan
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Actor Kamal Haasan today said he suffered losses to the tune of Rs 60 crore due to problems in the release of his magnum opus 'Vishwaroopam'.
"The film (Vishwaroopam) is made on a budget of Rs 95 crore. Due to the delay in the release of film, I have suffered a loss of Rs 30 to 60 crore," the superstar said here.
'Vishwaroopam' run into rough weather with some Muslim groups taking objection to certain scenes in the movie as hurting their religious sentiments.
"This film is really important for me. Maine apna sab daav pe lagaya hai (I have pledged everything for this movie...)", said Haasan who was here for the promotion of his film.
Thanking his fans for support, Haasan said "I have been troubled enough....I am touched...I get carried away when I talk about my fans....I don't know what I have done to deserve this love....If I say I am grateful and overwhelmed than its an understatement."
The 58-year-old actor said he could not understand the entire controversy. "Why this thing happened?...We don't need to be insulted so badly," he added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held