Delegation meets education secy, DPI, seeks promotion of teachers
The issue of promotion has been hanging in fire for the past three months. As many as 200 such promotions are pending
A delegation of seven teachers headed by Government Teachers' Union (GTU) chief Dr Vinod Sharma met UT Education Secretary V K Singh and Director Public Instructions (DPI) (Schools) Upkar Singh on Tuesday, and sought promotion of teachers to the post of lecturers in schools and regularisation of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan teachers.
The delegation apprised the authorities that the issue of promotion of lecturers was hanging in fire for the past three months. As many as 200 such promotions are pending.
The issue of fixation of notional pay scale with effect from January 1, 1986 to December 24, 1992, as per the Punjab government notification was also discussed. The GTU demanded implementation of notional pay scale for UT cadre teachers as well.
Sharma informed that both the officers gave them a patient hearing and the DPI fixed a meeting for next week to discuss the issue pertaining to regularisation of SSA teachers.
"We informed the DPI that there was politics going on behind the promotions of certain teachers. We asked him to personally look into the matter. We will follow up all the issues twice a week and authorities also agreed to it," Sharma added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow