Delhi again: Woman resists molestation, shot dead in Capital
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A couple of months after a 23-year-old paramedic student was brutally gangraped on a moving bus, a woman was shot dead near the busy Ring Road in the national capital by two men on a motorcycle on Sunday.
Police said the men got angry after the 22-year-old woman, who was waiting at the Sarai Kale Khan bus stop with her husband, objected to their "misbehaviour".
The women, who sustained bullet injuries in the head and abdomen, was rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre where doctors declared her dead.
The incident occurred on an evening when the Capital was on high-alert, following the Hyderabad bomb blasts and all police stations had been instructed to ensure high-visibility of security personnel.
Police arrested a resident of Abu Fazal Enclave, Mushiram, for the murder. His accomplice is still on the run.
According to police, the woman was at Sarai Kale Khan bus stop around 8.30 pm, when the two men approached her. The men allegedly passed lewd comments and made obscene gestures, asking the woman to accompany them "The men asked her to go with them, but she rebuffed them. The woman was with her husband," a police officer said.
When the woman did not respond to their advances, the men rode off, the officer said.
According to police, to move closer to a crowd, the woman started to walk towards a nearby tea stall. She had barely walked a few metres, when the men returned and blocked her way.
"One of the men got off the motorcycle and tried to grope her. The woman raised an alarm and fought back. Her husband also entered into a scuffle with the men. This angered the accused," a police officer said.
One of the men took out a pistol and shot her, he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow