Delhi gangrape accused allege sexual assault, say save us from inhuman torture in Tihar Jail
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
V K Anand, representing Ram Singh and Mukesh, told mediapersons that the four accused in the Delhi gangrape case have alleged that they were sexually assaulted inside Tihar Jail.
He said the four men were "scared" and did not want to return to Tihar.
"They said they would prefer to be shot rather than returned to the harassment and torture in jail," advocate Singh claimed.
Anand maintained that Ram Singh could not have committed suicide. "When I met him on Friday, he was content with the course of the trial. He must have been compelled to take such a step because of the torture and harassment... He didn't take such a step when the trial began and the world was calling him names. Why would he take this step now?" Anand said.
A sixth accused in the case has been declared a juvenile and his case is being heard by the Juvenile Justice Board.
On December 16, a 23-year-old woman was gangraped and tortured, allegedly by the six, on a moving bus and later thrown out with a male friend who was also assaulted. She died in a Singapore hospital thirteen days later.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'