Delhi gangrape: Did girl contradict friend? Kin hints so
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
"Had he done something more like breaking the window pane of the bus and drawn the attention of the passersby the incident could have been averted," they said, adding that it was the deceased who had displayed immense courage and bravery and battled with the accused.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit called a day ago and inquired about the family and also talked about economic assistance, they said.
UP's Revenue Minister Ambika Chaudhary has told the family that there was possibility of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav attending the 'terahi' (ritual related to death) on January 12.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet