Delhi gangrape: Victim's mother collapses, docs say now stable
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Unable to bear the loss of her daughter, the 45-year-old mother of the Delhi gang-rape victim collapsed today and rushed to a city hospital where doctors said her condition was stable.
Doctors at the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital in west Delhi said the woman underwent through check-ups and was doing "completely fine" now.
A senior doctor said she was suffering from grief and that is why she went unconscious for some time in the morning after the cremation.
"Once she was brought to the hospital, the woman was thoroughly checked. We performed CT scan and other diagnosis on her. She is completely fine," the doctor said.
He said the woman was frail and was not able to bear the loss of her daughter. "It also looks like she had not had proper food for the past 10-12 days and she is very weak. We call it the grief effect," the doctor said.
The doctor said the victim's mother must have been anxious and disturbed for the past couple of weeks and this was the reason for her collapse.
The woman is under the observation of doctors, the doctor said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow