Delhi gangrape-effect? None whatsoever! More rapes mar India
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
"The victim from Noushera belt of Rajouri district reported the matter yesterday. Subsequently, a case was registered and the three accused arrested within the shortest possible time," Senior Superintendent of Police (Rajouri) Mubasir Latifee said.
As per the victim's statement recorded before the Judicial Magistrate, three persons Madan Lal, Aasa Ram and Mohmmad Rafeeq forcibly took her to an empty shop when she was on her way to fetch water a few days ago and raped her there.
The trio had threatened to kill her and her husband if she told about the incident to anyone, the SSP said.
After hiding the matter for a few days, the woman eventually shared it with her family, who along with leaders of the lower caste community rushed to the police and filed a complaint.
A case was registered and medical examination of the woman has also been carried out, the SSP said.
Panchayat member accused of raping 15-year-old girl
Bulandshahr: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped by a Zila Panchayat member in a village in bulandshahr.
The victim's father lodged a police complaint yesterday, alleging that his daughter was forcefully taken on a motorcycle by two men, Vinod and Krushna, on December 29 in Moharsa village and handed her over to Zila Panchayat member Ravindra Lodhi in nearby Mubarakpur village, police said on Tuesday.
Lodhi, who had contested MLA elections in 2012 from Anoopshahr area, allegedly kept the girl captive for one day and raped her, police said.
The three have been taken into custody and investigations are on into the allegations, police said, adding the girl's medical report is awaited.
20-yr-old girl stalked and harassed by man commits suicide
Akola: A 20-year-old girl committed suicide after being allegedly stalked and harassed by a man, police said on Tuesday.
One Chandrakant Borkar (30) had allegedly been harassing the girl by passing comments on her and stalking her for the last two years, police said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'