Delhi in joint lead on Day 1
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Before the inaugural edition of the LP Cup last year, Navratna Ahmendabad were seen as one of the weakest teams on paper in the eight-team franchise based tournament. In an event which was bolstered by marquee names like Jyoti Randhawa and Gaganjeet Bhullar, Ahmedabad had no international tour winners in their line-up. However, the side that was the dark horse last time went on to win that edition. This season Ahmedabad remained the only side who have made no changes to their playing squad and they seem to have secured another good start for themselves in this three-day tournament. Along with Silverglades Delhi, Ahmedabad are leading the event with an aggregate score of 6-under-138.
The defending champions benefitted from the efforts of in-form Sri Lankan recruit Mithun Perera who hit a bogey-free 5-under-67. Ahmedabad captain Vikrant Chopra and their other member Vinod Kumar hit matching 1-under-par.
The daily scores of each side take into account the total of the best two performers and that rule seemed to go in favour of joint leaders Delhi, who would have otherwise been let down by a disappointing 5-over-77 from Himmat Rai. Last year's PGTI Order of Merit winner Shamim Khan and youngster Rashid Khan came to Delhi's rescue with 3-under-69 each.
Trailing one stroke behind them is DLF Gurgaon, who rode on the fine form of former Asian Tour Order of Merit winner Jyoti Randhawa, who finished the day 5-under with six birdies and a bogie. However, his brother-in-law Digvijay Singh and youngster Abhinav Lohan had only a par score and the team had to settle for the third spot. Hosts Jaypee Greens Greater Noida also posed a good score as their star player Gaganjeet Bhullar finished the day at 5-under to take his team's aggregate to 140.
Standings: 138 - Navrtna Ahmedabad, Silverglades Delhi; 139-Dlf Gurgaon, 140-Jaypee Greens Greater Noida; 141- AVT Kolkata; 142-Puravankara Bangalore; 143-Shubhkamna Noida, TAKE Chennai; 147- Dev Ellora Chandigarh.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet