Delhi Metro rural route to connect all of Delhi
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
After repeated demands, Metro is now on track to reach the rural pockets of Delhi. The extension lines of the Delhi Metro's upcoming Phase III corridor will touch Najafgarh in Outer Delhi and Shiv Vihar in East Delhi.
"Once the Metro's Phase III corridors were approved, there were demands from various quarters that Metro should make its way to the other rural pockets of Delhi, which still largely lack a proper transport channel. So a need was felt to extend the Phase III corridor," said a DMRC source.
The 5.5 km elevated extension line from Dwarka to Najafgarh will have four stations - Dwarka, Najafgarh Depot, Municipal Corporation and Najafgarh. The line will provide easy access to those residing in areas of Outer Delhi such as Najafgarh, Mitraon, Jharoda Kalan, Kair, Dichaon Kalan, Dindarpur Extn, Baba Haridas Nagar, Chhawla, Roshanpura, Shyam Vihar, Dharmpura, Sai Baba Enclave, Nangli Sakravati, Arjun Park, Roshan Garden, Shiva Enclave, Todarmal Colony, Prem Nagar, among others.
To cater to this densely populated area, many experts had asked for a separate corridor, instead of extending the Phase III corridor from Dwarka. The proposed alignment takes off on the left hand side of Dwarka station. "A decision was taken to make the corridor an inter-change from Dwarka, just like Yamuna Bank. But the line from Dwarka to Najafgarh will be a separate line. Passengers will have to change trains in Dwarka," said the official.
The DMRC spokesperson said the alignment crosses the Najafgarh drain and joins Shivaji Road. "The alignment follows the central verge of the Shivaji Road up to the T -junction near Municipal Corporation. Two stations are proposed on Shivaji Road - Najafgarh Depot station and Municipal Corporation station. It will end at the Najafgarh station on Nangloi Road."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’