Delhi rape: 24-year-old raped by 4, culprits arrested
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
In yet another incident of crime against women, a 24-year-old young girl was allegedly gangraped by four persons, including one known to her, in a west Delhi locality.
Police has arrested all the accused.
The victim was sexually assaulted last night by the four persons after the girl had come to meet one of them who knew her for sometime now.
The incident came to light in the early hours today when a PCR van stopped a vehicle with tinted glasses in Burari in north Delhi and found a girl and four men inside it. Though the driver sped away to escape the police net, police chased and stopped the vehicle.
"The girl told us that she was gangraped by all the four men when she had gone to meet one of the persons whom she knew. She went to Swaroopnagar in west Delhi to meet the person but he took her to a nearby area where he and his friends sexually assaulted her," a police official said, adding that all the four accused were arrested immediately.
The arrested persons were identified as Mohammed Shakil alias Ali, Mohammed Irshad, Mohammed Abid and Sachdeva, police said, adding that the girl knew Shakil and went to meet him.
The girl also told police that she was assaulted again in the car till cops stopped the vehicle.
The official said the girl, who hails from West Bengal and lives with her relatives in Rohini, was sent for medical examination and a report is expected soon.
The incident comes two days after a man shoved a iron rod into the mouth of a young girl when she resisted his attempt to rape her.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'