Dentist found hanging in GK house
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 25-Year-Old married woman was found hanging at her Greater Kailash house in Southeast Delhi on Wednesday afternoon, police said. She was rushed to the National Heart Institute, where doctors declared her dead on arrival.
According to police, Tina Gogna was found hanging with a dupatta from the ceiling fan at her room in Greater Kailash-I around 2 pm on Wednesday. "Tina had married Karan Gogna in February this year. According to her husband, she had been taking depression pills for some time. Sometimes, the couple used to have altercations. She reportedly had an argument with Karan today, after which she went to her room and hanged herself," said a police spokesperson.
Though Karan broke open the door with the help of a few persons and rushed Tina to the hospital, where doctors declared her dead on arrival and informed the police about it. "An SDM inquiry is in progress. We are yet to receive a statement from Tina's parents and family members," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southeast) Meghna Yadav.
Tina, a BDS graduate, hailed from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh. Ten months ago, she was married to Karan, who lives in Greater Kailash-I with his family and owns a hair and beauty products outlet.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations