Departments asked to furnish details of expenditure for audit
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Even as the Kumbh Mela of 2013 moves towards closure, all the departments concerned have been asked to furnish the details of the expenditure to the Accountant General, Uttar Pradesh, for the purposes of performance audit. Apart from the Kumbh Mela, the performance audit would also be conducted for the annual Magh Mela of the previous four years.
District Magistrate (Kumbh), Mani Prasad Mishra, on Tuesday held a meeting of all the departments concerned and directed them to nominate a nodal officer for the purpose. He also directed them to furnish the information, as required by the audit department, as soon as possible.
The performance audit would be carried out for the Magh Mela arrangements of 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12. "Information regarding expenditure of any amount sanctioned either by the state or the Centre for any and every work will have to be provided in the set proforma. This is an important task and the departments need to provide the information as early as possible," said Mishra, in a statement issued here.
The officials representing the departments like PWD, Irrigation, Power and Jal Nigam, besides others, attended the meeting.
Mishra told the officials that the departments must inform the auditors on the amount that has been spent, whether in the Mela area or outside it.
Also, the proof of unspent amount and of the work done against the amount spent would have to be furnished, he told them.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow