Deputy financial advisor caught red-handed while accepting bribe
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Sleuths of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested the Deputy Financial Advisor, Chandigarh Region with the Border Security Force (BSF), Charu Narang Thakur from her office in Lakhanpur village in Mohali while she was allegedly accepting a bribe. Thakur was nabbed red-handed by the CBI officials.
The CBI got the information about the exchange of money from a secret source. Acting upon the information received, the Deputy Finance advisor and a resident of Ludhiana, Sandeep Mehta who was paying the bribe were arrested.
According to the available information, Sandeep Mehta, a cloth merchant from Ludhiana was promised by Thakur that a tender that was floated by BSF will be allotted in his favor.
The deal between the two was finalized for two lakh and CBI sleuths arrested the two at 4.30 pm in Mohali when Thakur was receiving the first installment of Rs one lakh and eight thousand.
Following the arrest of the BSF's Financial Advisor, the Sector 35 residence of Thakur was raided by the CBI sleuths. Some bank documents and property related documents have been ceased by the CBI.
Charu Narang Thakur had taken over as Deputy Financial Advisor, Chandigarh region, Border Security Force in the year 2011.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’