Designers refused to lend clothes to Kim Kardashian for mag shoot
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A stylist who dressed Kim Kardashian for a magazine shoot has revealed that designers refused to lend their clothes to the reality TV star because of her fuller figure.
Nicola Formichetti, the stylist behind Lady Gaga's masterful wardrobe, admitted that calling in high-end samples for the pregnant 32-year-old posed "a challenge" for him during a shoot for Elle magazine's latest issue, the Daily Mail reported.
"People wouldn't lend me the clothes. But that's fashion snobbery," he said.
Formichetti said he approached several designers who all declined to lend their clothes to Kim because of her "less-than-model-like-proportions".
"She's not the It Girl yet, but she will be," he said.
Formichetti finally dressed Kardashian, who is expecting her first child with boyfriend Kanye West, in Tom ford, Roberto Cavaili and Victor and Rolf clothes.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow