Dhoni, Pujara to skip Corporate Trophy
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Corporate Trophy tournament to be played at four venues — Pune, Nagpur, Indore and Raipur — is expected to be a low-key affair with Indian stars likely to skip the event. For starters, India Cements will be without Indian captain MS Dhoni, who moved from Indian Airlines to a company where BCCI chief N Srinivasan is managing director, a few months ago .
Dhoni had been included in the squad of India Cements for the Corporate Trophy, but will be taking a break before the Australia Test series. Dhoni had already stated post the fifth ODI against England in Dharmsala that he would like to make the most of the break before start of the Australia series.
Meanwhile, Indian Oil will be without Cheteshwar Pujara and Rohit Sharma. Ajinkya Rahane will be playing the first couple of games before flying back to join his team Mumbai. The Indian board has asked all Irani Cup players to report to Mumbai on February 4, two days before Mumbai takes on Rest of India at the Wankhede Stadium. Which means most players will be part of only a few games before flying to Mumbai.
"I will be playing two matches and will be back on February 3 to Mumbai. I'm looking forward to it as it offers practice before the Irani Cup," Rahane said. Indian Oil captain Wasim Jaffer confirmed that his team will be without Pujara and Sharma.
Meanwhile, BPCL will have the services of left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha whereas S Sreesanth looks doubtful. Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has informed his team Air India that he will play a few games before going back to join the Rest of India side. Air India coach Rajesh Sanil explained that his team will have the services of Harbhajan only for a couple of games whereas the team will be without Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina. "We have received an e-mail from Harbhajan that he wants to play a few games for Air-India. But we will not have Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina," Sanil said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held