Dhoni set for hat-trick as highest individual tax payer
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Team India Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has paid Rs 12 crore income tax so far this fiscal and the department is optimistic that he would accomplish a hat-trick as the highest individual income taxpayer in Jharkhand.
"M S Dhoni has paid Rs 12 crore so far. We expect he would become the highest income tax payer in the individual category from the state when the 2012-13 fiscal will end in March," a senior Income Tax official told PTI over phone.
"For the last two years, he has been the highest payer as an individual. We hope he crosses last year's payment of Rs 17 crore this time," the official added.
Company-wise, Central Coalfields Limited has been the highest income tax payer from Jharkhand, he added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’